[mythtv-users] FYI - Winbook 32 inch lcd - 1366x768 1:1, dvi

Robert Denier denier at umr.edu
Thu Oct 13 01:48:44 UTC 2005

I got my 32 inch lcd to replace the vizio.  I think part of the reason
my vizio wasn't working on digital was I was using the 8.4.13-r2 of the
ati binary drivers for this radeon 9000.  I moved to 8.16.20-r1 ebuild
and it works.

I'm getting the full 1366x768 resolution of the display in a 1:1 mapping
using the provided dvi cable.  The contrast ratio isn't quite as good as
the Vizio, but everything else looks good.  Actually, straight on the
contrast may be better, but at a sharp angle I think the Vizio was a
little better.  Of course the vizio couldn't do the 1:1 mapping I
wanted, which is why it was returned.  It also couldn't sync via the
digital connection when the computer rebooted.  The winbook does fine.
The winbook is also heavier, but I think when I remove the base to wall
mount it, some of that will go away.

If anyone wants one of these take a look at pricewatch since you can get
it for $999 and $100 shipping instead of around $1099 + $135 shipping.
This is definetly a clear improvement over the Vizio for only about $30
more than what I paid at Sams Club.

If anyone needs my xorg settings or something let me know.  One final
note is that I did have some strange remote problems for about 15
minutes but it seems fine now.  Now, if only the speakers were
detachable.  Oh well.