[mythtv-users] Best Soundcard?

Adam Greenbaum lists at refinitive.com
Wed Oct 12 17:27:15 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 08:33 -0500, Derek Meek wrote:
> I was thinking about getting an Audigy for the mythbox i'll be
> building.  Is there a better card?  On my SB Live! Value in my desktop
> i expirience some faint background noise on my speakers -it's
> noticable enoguh to be annoying, is this perhaps an issue with unclean
> power that I will need to take extra steps to make sure the
> motherboard is isolated from the case [electrically] on the mythbox?

An alternative is spending your money on an amp that does
optical/coaxial digital in. You can use any old soundcard (that does
digital out) with it then.
Your problem won't be caused by conduction between the motherboard and
the case. I'm not sure what else it could be though, bad earth? cheap
speakers?

Adam