[mythtv-users] ITX vs ATX for dual-DVB system

mythtv at varga.co.uk mythtv at varga.co.uk
Wed Oct 12 14:55:33 UTC 2005

> Not really. My context is about DVB-T; I won't be getting a satellite
> dish any time soon. When sky start beaming HDTV is not what I care
> about; what I care about is when terrestrial DVB might become HD, and I
> honestly can't see that happening in 2006...

Can UK DVB-T actually support HDTV from a bandwidth viewpoint?
I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the bandwidth needed would
almost require a mux per TV channel, which considering they are lowering
the rates to cram evermore channels onto each mux would seem to something
that isn't going to happen...

Would it also need new Freeview boxes and/or PCI cards?