[mythtv-users] Need suggestion for Frontend only fanless solution

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Wed Oct 12 14:43:54 UTC 2005

MythTV wrote:
> I do believe I'm sold.  I've been looking for a good HD front-end (even
> though my HD-3000 isn't operational yet) and this looks perfect!

There's also the Avel LinkPlayer2.  It's a consumer product, non-Myth HD
frontend.  It plays DivX, Real, MPEG-1/2, Windows Media, etc.  I have
one, and as long as you understand that it's not going to run the
MythFrontend it's fine.  You run a daemon on your mythbox called "wizd"
which the LP2 talks to.  Basically wizd streams the file.  It also
supports uPNP, so I have it talking to my Windows XP box as well.