[mythtv-users] RE: VIA chipset Grub bootloader

Mike Daugird MDaugird at erdman.com
Wed Oct 12 13:05:55 UTC 2005

Hello, I am posting this as a follow up.
I set up my front end and backend on the same machine using a KT400 chipset.
I can watch a recorded program while my box is recording a different channel(pvr-350)
it works just fine so far. It has only been up now for 12 hrs as I write this but it completed
the mythfilldatabase command at 2:00am this morning.
I did pass the following on the gurb config file.(from dmesg)
Kernel command line: root=/dev/hda2 acpi=off noapic nolapic pci=noacpi

after this has been up for a while I will see if it runs without turning off everything.
FWIW