[mythtv-users] XvMC compiled in yum packages?

Jules Gosnell jules at coredevelopers.net
Wed Oct 12 08:25:01 UTC 2005

Ricardo Kleemann wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I installed mythtv on a Fedora 4 system using yum and installing
>mythtv-suite.
>
>Does anyone know if XvMC is compiled into these? How do I tell? I do have
>the option to select XvMC in the myth configuration, but I don't know how to
>tell whether it's doing anything...
>
>Thanks
>Ricardo

If you are on an Epia system, this might be of help...

http://washington.kelkoo.net/epia/

There is an Epia RPM repository here, which includes xorg built with
Unichrome drivers. You just install the kernel-module (may need
rebuilding for your system), point yum at the repository and suck down
xorg and maybe xine-lib (for h/w enabled xine), set up an
/etc/XvMCConfig, reboot, enable XvMC in mythfrontend/Setup/TV/Playback
(or something like that) and off you go.

As the previous mailer mentioned - if your OSD goes grey, you are in
business. You should see a substantial drop in cpu usage. On my Via Ezra
1Ghz I can now play rcordings and use xine for imported videos and dvds
without using over 20% cpu - previously I was up in the 80s.

Good luck,

Jules

crystallises out around it."

 * Jules Gosnell