[mythtv-users] OT: MythTV Home Automation

Craig Read craigread at csi.com
Wed Oct 12 07:00:25 UTC 2005

<snip>
Kevin Kuphal wrote:

> Isn't this what http://www.plutohome.com is doing?

Pluto is something I'm definitely having a look at (both as an end user
and considering applying to be a dealer here).  Having one system that
controls security consoles, multiple types of home automation (not stuck
with X10), video conferencing, VoIP, using symbian mobile phones for
control, using wireless WinXP and WinCE tablets for control, end-user
interface design, video that follows you around the house (via VideoLAN
and MythTV), etc, etc is a great idea IMO.  I haven't had time to test
it yet (have a system set aside, burnt the CD, but been too busy to play
with it).

While Pluto sounds great, I still think it's too big for what many
people want.  But I have often wondered why somebody hasn't created
something simple as a home automation plug-in for MythTV.  Especially
since there is already a heap of Linux based stuff for X10 home
automation.  Plus there is already a home automation control plug-in for
MCE.

And please, keep this discussion on the list.  I have a Myth box setup
already, so I'd much prefer to have something to integrate into Myth
rather than scrap my system and start again.

Craig...