[mythtv-users] changing channels on a bt848

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 04:34:45 UTC 2005

With analog cable, they modulate all of the channels
into frequencies, and send all of the frequencies over
the same wire.  In order to change channels, you thus
tell the card to look at a certain frequency.  In the
NTSC world, the channels are mapped on fixed
frequencies.

So, in changing channels on a BT848 card is
(essentially but not completely) a matter of
programming the card to look at the correct frequency.

MythTV by default should tune your analog card
properly, as long as you have the correct cable
frequency table configured, without any external
scripts.

-- Joe