[mythtv-users] compiling svr 0.18.2 on XBOX Xebian 1.1.4

Russell Salerno rsalern5 at optonline.net
Tue Oct 11 15:33:42 UTC 2005

I'm trying to compile mythfrontend SVR 0.18.2 (revision 7448) on XBox Xebian 1.1.4 in order to line up my frontends with the current KnoppMyth alpha version.  One of the issues I've encountered is the error "usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXext" which according to the docs means I don't have XFree86-devel installed.

Problem is that this package is apparently unavailable.  I've tried doing an apt-get install XFree86-devel, apt-get install XFree86-dev and a few other permutations without success.

Any tips on what I may be doing wrong, or tip on doing a source compile on Xebian in general, would be much appreciated.

-Russ