[mythtv-users] Video lasts for only 1 second on live TV

Allan Mcintosh amcintosh at atreus-systems.com
Tue Oct 11 13:49:29 UTC 2005

I was seeing buffer prepause when attempting live tv playback. It would
pause if mythbackend was started using
/etc/init.d/mythbackend init script. It looks as though there's an issue
when started via 'su' .

so I created an alias in ~/.bashrc

alias mythbackend='mythbackend -v channel,record,playback --daemon
--logfile /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log --pidfile
/var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.pid'

Then start as mythuser.

The buffer prepause occured if I ran the init script as root or myth user.