[mythtv-users] Configuring IR transmitter for changing channels

David myth at dgreaves.com
Tue Oct 11 07:35:37 UTC 2005

Tomas Roos wrote:

>Hello.
>
>Since I use my Digital Terrestrial receiver to recieve television I
>only use the composite or S-video input (not the tuner) on my PVR-150
>card to record programs (which by the way works excellent).
>
>Now I wish to have tabloids etc in MythTV to be able to choose a
>program for recording. I want MythTV to trigger an external program to
>send an IR signal to my receiver and change the channel
>
>How I send IR signals I already know, it is quite easy with lirc or
>similar programs but do I have to have several channels configured in
>my MythTV to be able to use tabloids or how does it work? Is there a
>howto on this subject? Has anyone else done this before?

What's a tabloid?
In the UK it means a low quality daily newspaper!!

Anyway, look for the script that changes channels for you (in the
contrib directory - channel.pl or similar) and enter it in the
mythbackend setup screen for 'Input Connections' where it asks for
"external channel change command"

Here's mine:
  http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/LiRc_2fSkyChannelChangerScript

HTH