[mythtv-users] nuvexport HELP!

Gregg 3gemail at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 04:24:53 UTC 2005

Thanks Chris. I am using fc3 the version of ffmpeg is
0.4.9-9_cvs20050517.rhfc3.at I installed it using apt-get and
dl.atrpms.net<http://dl.atrpms.net>.
I reinstalled this afternoon, now everything but xvid works.

-Gregg

> the error I get is "Your ffmpeg installation doesn't support encoding to
mp3
> audio."
>
> I installed ffmpeg using the apt-get mythtv-suite command. Any help would
be
> great!

some info about which distro you're using, which version of ffmpeg,
which repositories you have enabled, etc...

Most distributions are going to have mp3 support in official packages
disabled by default because it is not GPL compatible
(patent-encumbered). You'll most likely need to enable a third-party
repository (universe for deb-based, freshrpms/livna/atrpms for rpm) if
you want to get mp3 support (and other good stuff like mpeg encoding).

-Chris