[mythtv-users] diskless backend?

Joe Harvell jharvell at dogpad.net
Mon Oct 10 14:20:37 UTC 2005

I am considering building a diskless mini-ITX frontend/backend using NFS
over switched 100base-T for the storage.  I would be capturing at most
two streams at a time and watching at most one.

Has anyone done this?  Any problems with the setup?

Also, when watching live TV, does the backend read from the file and
stream to the backend?  Or does it take what it is capturing and both
write it to the file and stream it to the frontend?  If it reads it from
the file, then is there any likelihood of the data being cached?

--
Joe Harvell