[mythtv-users] Video file DVD's/CD's?

Chris Cooper cdcooper at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 10 06:45:17 UTC 2005

Just add a symlink to your cd/dvd drive in your video folder and browse
it via mythvideo.  You need to set the option to use a "browses files"
view in mythvideo settings (and of course use a view for which the
option is set), then you can browse your drive just like any other
directory in your videos dir.

The good thing is that now (since 0.18 or 0.18.1?) mythvideo can remove
orphaned db entries if the file is removed through means other then
myth, even if you run the Video Manager with a disc in the drive they
will be removed from the DB if you run it again.