[mythtv-users] Re: FC3 install using yum

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Oct 9 19:50:56 UTC 2005

On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 03:58:14PM +0100, Andrew Spruce wrote:
> I have recently installed FC3, run yum update and (about half a day
> later) tried installing the mythtv suite using yum. I get :
>
> Error: Missing Dependency: mysql-server is needed by package mythtv-suite
> Error: Missing Dependency: libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.4) is needed by
> package mythtv-setup

> I would have thought that these libs would have been available via the
> atRPM repositories.
>
> (I've already added :
> [root at localhost mythtv-0.18.1]# ls /etc/yum.repos.d/
> atrpms.repo  atrpms.repo.1  freshrpms.repo )

What did you put into these files? The packages you are missing are
from the base distribution, e.g. Fedora Core, not ATrpms proper.

ATrpms does offer a mirror of Fedora Core, so in principle these
packages are available form ATrpms, but at different URLs.

Bottom line: You need some config lines like

[release]
name=Fedora Core 3 - i386 - Base
baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/fc3-i386/redhat/release
 http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/3/i386/os/
 http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/os/
failovermethod=priority

[updates]
name=Fedora Core 3 - i386 - Released Updates
baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/fc3-i386/redhat/updates
 http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/3/i386/updates/
 http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/3/i386/
failovermethod=priority

best placed in /etc/yum.repos.d/base.repo.

atrpms-package-config does exactly that. Follow Jarod's guide for a
great walkthrough.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net