[mythtv-users] Video lasts for only 1 second on live TV

Garth Benedict shrkbait at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 15:51:55 UTC 2005

I had this problem and it was a driver loading issue. Restarting just the
backend on boot fixed it for me. Had to add /sbin/service to my /etc/sudoers
file as well.

[mythtv at jules ~]$ cat .kde/Autostart/myth-load.sh
#!/bin/bash
# Load nVidia driver custom settings
#nvidia-settings --load-config-only &
# Restore audio settings
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore
# Launch irexec for myth power button stop/start
irexec &
# Launch myth frontend
sudo /sbin/service mythbackend restart
mythfrontend >~/mythfrontend.log 2>&1 &