[mythtv-users] FYI -- Vizio L32 LCD 16:9 Widescreen

Robert Denier denier at umr.edu
Sat Oct 8 18:49:22 UTC 2005

It seems that is it not possible to get 1366x768  (the panels
resolution) or anything remotely close via the hdmi interface.  (I have
a dvi-> hdmi cable).  I'm using Xorg and the ati binary drivers.

The ordinary vga interface works fine and the picture is good there, so
I'll probably live with it..

If anyone knows of a way to get the hdmi port working I'd certainly like
to know.  I'm using a radeon 9000 with vga/dvi outputs.  I have used the
card before to drive a 1600x1200 signal for my desktop display via dvi
so the card should be fine and I don't think I'm doing anything wrong
with xorg.