[mythtv-users] Buffer file not rolling

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Fri Oct 7 21:15:00 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 14:03, Peter Darley wrote:
> On Oct 7, 2005, at 10:09 AM, Dave Sherohman wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 09:56:37AM -0700, Peter Darley wrote:
> >>
> >> Ok, this has me confused.  I thought that the ringbuffer was on the
> >> frontend?  If so, this implies that the ringbuffer needs to be the
> >> same size on all front ends?
> >>

> So, does every backend have a ringbuffer for each of its tuners, or
> are they all on the master backend?  Is there a doc somewhere that
> goes over this?

When you run mythtv-setup on a backend (master or slave) I seem to
recall an option to specify where the buffer file goes as well as where
the video files are stored.

In my case I recently added a slave backend and configured my
/video/recordings directory as an NFS mount so all recordings are stored
on the master backend.  However the buffer directory on the slave
backend is local.

If that is not how this works please let me know.