[mythtv-users] PVR350 Ghost/multiple Images

Keith R b0593e440 at heavyk.org
Fri Oct 7 19:50:25 UTC 2005

I'm trying to get mythtv up on my new install and am running into
issues with the tv-out of my PVR-350 displaying all graphical
boot and X images with ghosting or what looks like the same image
multiple times on the screen.

During the initial install I got X as well as the video for mythtv
up and working fine.  When I rebooted the server this problem
began.

I loaded the saa7127 module with the test image after all this and
it came up alright.  In addition, I completely powered off both
the TV and the computer with that hope that perhaps some memory
"buffer thing" was corrupt and need to be cleared.

I then rebooted the machine after commenting out all the ivtv
modules.  I loaded the ivtv modules manually (in the same order as
would have been done during my initial boot that worked
successfully) and still have the same issue with the ghost images.

An image of the issue during graphical boot and at the X login is
available at:

  http://heavyk.org/tmp/fc4-mythtv-boot.jpg
  http://heavyk.org/tmp/fc4-mythtv-x.jpg

Have others seen this issue?  How have you managed to resolve it?