[mythtv-users] Possible MythWeb bug: When using a power search recording rule, ability to not record certain matches fails

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 16:40:19 UTC 2005

Only noticed today when I set up a rule for the remaining Formula 1
races (I have a friend trackside for both upcoming races).

I set up the rule on a frontend and it worked a treat, picking out all
the matching programs as I'd expect. There are several repeats (a
repeat of the race at a more civilised hour for those starting very
early, the repeated highlights, and then the whole race repeated later
in the week.

I almost always use the MythWeb interface to control my recordings, so
when I went to manually cancel the extra showing I didn't want
recorded, nothing seemed to change, and the showings were still set to
record.

When I went to a frontend and manually selected those showing to not
record, they were deactivated normally, and when viewed in MythWeb,
are correctly shown as not to record.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour, and is a/has a fix been released?

The mythbackend logfile contains the errors (bad SQL syntax) that
MythWeb seems to generate when trying to override the recording rule
for those specific showings (sorry about the potential wrapping
issues):

DB Error (UpdateMatches):
Query was:
INSERT INTO recordmatch (recordid, chanid, starttime, manualid) SELECT
record.recordid, program.chanid, program.starttime,  IF(search = 5,
recordid, 0
) FROM record, program  INNER JOIN channel ON (channel.chanid =
program.chanid) WHERE record.recordid = 348 AND program.manualid = 0
AND ( Jim Rosenth
al presents highlights of the Japanese Grand Prix from Suzuka, with
commentary by James Allen and Martin Brundle. Tony Jardine gives his
expert opinio
n on the weekend\'s proceedings. ) AND ((record.type = 4 OR
record.type = 6 OR record.type = 9 OR record.type = 10)  OR
((record.station = channel.ca
llsign)   AND   ((record.type = 3)    OR
((TIME_TO_SEC(record.starttime) = TIME_TO_SEC(program.starttime))
AND     ((record.type = 2)      OR
  ((DAYOFWEEK(record.startdate) = DAYOFWEEK(program.starttime)
AND       ((record.type = 5)        OR
((TO_DAYS(record.startdate) = TO_DAY
S(program.starttime))         AND         (TIME_TO_SEC(record.endtime)
= TIME_TO_SEC(program.endtime))         AND
(TO_DAYS(record.enddate) =
TO_DAYS(program.endtime))         )       )      )     )    )   )  ) ))
Driver error was [2/1064]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'Rosenthal presents
highlights of the Japanese Grand Prix from Suzuka, with comme' at line
1

Cheers,
Nick