[mythtv-users] Audio echo/stutter

Brad Benson bbenso1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 13:33:02 UTC 2005

I've been having this exact same problem. I had been using ivtv version
0.3.6w successfully for some time with a PVR-350 and a PVR-500. I could only
get one tuner working on the PVR-500 and finally figured out that it was bad
hardware. Hauppauge replaced the 500 for me and sometime relatively shortly
after replacing that card 0.3.6w stopped working for me. I don't recall now
exactly what the problem was that started occurring, but I ended up
upgrading to 0.3.8. I've seen the exact problem you describe below with
0.3.8, 0.3.9 (various svn revisions including at least 2745 and 2738), as
well as 0.3.7 and various 0.3.7x (x = a-z) releases. I've also tried
reverting to 0.3.6w which used to work, but now when I use 0.3.6w I get
zero-byte files from the second tuner of the PVR-500. I searched both the
mailing list and google and the best I could come up with was some info on
the IOBOUND error messages that implied there may be some sort of network
problem as my video storage is mounted via NFS. My NFS server is a PII 266
so I thought that maybe it doesn't have enough horsepower to do everything
it needs to do. The thing that seems odd is that that file server hasn't
never been a problem before and it's been serving the video storage
partition for close to a year before this problem started. The file server
is connected to the backend via 10/100 ethernet so it shouldn't be a
bandwidth problem that's causing this. I've still using a cvs version of
myth from several months after 0.18.1 was released. Haven't tried a new SVN
version yet since I was thinking that my problem was ivtv related and not
myth. I also saw some list traffic regarding problems with auto-expire in
the latest SVN so I'm hesitant to upgrade until that gets worked out.

Anyone else seeing similar problems or have any idea what the problem might
be?