[mythtv-users] Setting Up Tuners

Peter Darley darley at darleyconsulting.com
Fri Oct 7 04:25:02 UTC 2005

Folks,

	I'm looking for some info from y'all.  I've got my hardware ordered and I'm
trying to plan on how to set everything up.

	On my master backend I'm going to have a PVR-500 and my main frontend is
going to have a tuner as well (since the machine I'm using, a DigiMatrix,
comes with one), and is going to be connected via 802.11g.  I'm also going
to have a MediaMVP on another tv.  I'd like to set up the main frontend to
use it's tuner first when watching live tv, and have it used last when
recording tv.  When another frontend is watching live tv I'd like to use the
PVR-500 first and only use the slave backend's tuner when the other two are
busy.  This is all so I don't flood the wireless connection by having live
tv going from the master backend to the main frontend while live tv goes
from the slave backend to another frontend.

	I haven't found any way to do this, so I'm assuming I can't, but I thought
I'd check with the experts before giving up.

Thanks,
Peter Darley