[mythtv-users] cable box woes

Steve stgarf at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 19:24:44 UTC 2005

Wow thats sounds alot harder than it looks :(

On 10/6/05, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's pretty much correct. The steps are:
>
> 1) You tell the mythtv frontend that you want to change channel.
> 2) The frontend tells the backend, which calls a channel change
> script, which you have provided.

 I provide this script...? Where do I get it? Also, my cable box uses cable
out, so I'm going with that but in only inputs on channel 3. Meaning the
tuner card needs to stay on channel 3. How do I make it do this?

3) The channel change script either uses lirc to drive an ir-blaster
> which mimics your remote control to change channel on the cable box or
> sends a code via a serial interface to the cable box (if your box has
> a serial input that is).
> 4) Assuming the channel change script completes successfully then
> mythtv will register the change and select guide information to match
> the new channel accordingly.

 How can it get new guide information if the tuner card is still on the same
channel (3).