[mythtv-users] New MythMusic Theme - 4 bins

John Erickson jerickso at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 13:24:09 UTC 2005

On 10/2/05, Nick Parkinson <nickparkinson at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have designed a new layout for MythMusic which uses
> 4 bins on the screen. This design is orientated
> towards people with large mp3 collections of complete
> albums for ease of manipulation.

For some definitions of "large mp3 collections" this works.  However,
I'd be terrified to scroll through my artist listing without any
breakdown on letters.  Some form of jump to letter, in line searching
(T9 style search via regex), or tree breakdown based on letters would
be needed (along with page up/down).

Something else I'd really like to see is better schema support for
multiple artists per track.  Right now all of the data for a track is
a single line in the database.  I'd like to see artists in their own
table and a many to many between them and the rest of the track data
(along with an album table and a one to many from the tracks to the
album, but anyway..).

I haven't had a chance to work on the code yet, but this is something
I've been meaning to do for a while.

-John