[mythtv-users] xbox linux distros

Robert Anderson riznob at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 21:28:42 UTC 2005

On 10/4/05, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Does anyone have advice on a good Xbox Linux distro for a Myth frontend
> > system?
>
> http://bit.blkbk.com/
>
> Also heaps in the archives on this, some from just the last few days.
>
> Regards,
> Phill

I'm using xebian with great success. I have installed it within the xbox
filesystem, so I can launch it from my dashboard and still have the ability
to play games and do all the other stuff on the xbox. I have also been able
to copy the whole E:/xebian directory from one box to another and have it
all work. I think making a distribution of this directory would be helpfull
for others, since it is a complete bootable distro with MythTV already
configured. There are only a few things that one would need to change... IP
address and hosts file (right now my hosts file has an entry for 'mythtv'
which point to my backend). If anyone thinks this sounds like a good idea,
please let me know. I could start by making a torrent and perhaps ask xbins
if they will host the torrent file.

--
Rob Anderson
riznob at gmail.com