[mythtv-users] splitting signal?

Benoit Beauchamp benoit.beauchamp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 03:19:51 UTC 2005

I have a general question about trying to do a couple things and
would like some feedback on those. I have comcast cable with a topbox
from Scientific Atlanta 8610X558. I have basic analog cable. I got
mythtv to work with different frontend so thats all figure out. The
cable is not yet plugged to the computer because i dont have an
irblaster and would rather watch cable on the tv. My question is this...

I want to be able to watch live TV while something is recording on
the computer. I want to be able to switch channel on the tv while the
computer is still recording. Then at some point I want to watch the
recorded shows on the TV...

Im thinking it needs a splitter or something. I dont have irblaster
installed yet. Can someone shed some light on this, howto.

thanks