[mythtv-users] Re: Large-scale myth farm

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 4 18:24:29 UTC 2005

Just a quick note that, depending on your system and set-up, the transcoding
may take longer than you expect. I have an Athlon 64, and the cool-n-quiet
means that when idle it roughly halves the processor speed. Niced processes
(i.e. the transcoding) do not cause the processor to ramp up to full speed. I
found this out when I niced the MythTV compile and wondered why it was taking
so long.

Steve Boddy