[mythtv-users] Large-scale myth farm

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Tue Oct 4 13:10:11 UTC 2005

Avermedia cards, both USB and PCI work OK here. However, as another
reply suggests I would suggest that you buy some spares of whatever card
you use.

I would also suggest using a version control system, such as subversion.
 Myth is a complicated system, which depends on many other bits of your
system being correctly configured. If you have your config files and the
Myth source in a VCS, it's easy to roll back to a working versio when
you break something.

You can record radio from the BBC listen again site using MPLayer. I can
post a script if you are interested. The quality isn't that good as the
Real Player stream is encoded at a fairly low bit rate. However, it's
fine for speech.

Ian.