[mythtv-users] Different Sound Channels?? Can you choose in recording?

David Bennett davidbennett1979 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 02:43:39 UTC 2005

Thank you very much for the reply. Apparently it is not on the stereo
channels, but is on a separate channel. (similar to SAP).

I have been told that a +/- on the frontend will do the trick, but my
front end is an XBOX without a +/- key, so I am currently at a loss as
to what to do!

Any ideas?

Thanks
david

On 10/4/05, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> Nick wrote:
>
> >On 02/10/05, David Bennett <davidbennett1979 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >>I wish I had the terminology to explain this better, but here goes:
> >>
> >>Here in Japan, many programs are broadcast in Japanese and English.
> >>Choosing a different sound channel allows you to hear a movie in its
> >>original language. It might be left/right channels, I'm not sure. I
> >>suspect it might be similar to SAP.
> >>
> >>At any rate, I am just wondering if there is a way to choose it to
> >>record (or playback) the "other" soundtrack (ie. the non default one.)
> >>
> >>Are all the sound channels being recorded? (So i just need to find out
> >>how to choose in playback?)
> >>Or is the sound channel I want something I have to choose at the
> >>recording level?
> >>
> >>Once again, my terminology is off, so I hope someone can wade through
> >>what I am asking.
> >>

> >You should be able to use the + and - keys to switch between different
> >audio tracks. If being recorded like DVB-T, where an entire transport
> >stream with perhaps several audio and video streams are contained
> >within it, everything is recorded. With analog recordings, I think
> >normally different language tracks are on the left and right audio
> >tracks for a stereo recording.
> >

> So, you can use the option called something like "mute left/right
> channels independently" to allow you to choose the one you want.
>
> Mike
>
> By the way, your terminology was just fine--actually, quite good.

Co-ordinator of International Relations
Board of Education, Chunan-cho
Kagawa Prefecture, Japan