[mythtv-users] Where did my recordings go!!

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Oct 4 00:39:52 UTC 2005

Robin Gilks wrote:

>OK - tried the perl script with the --try_default switch and it reports
>that its found all the programs & the files that go with them eg.
>
>Found a match between file and database
>    File: '/mnt/store/1000_20050718204200_20050718213500.nuv'
>    Title: 'Jamie's School Dinners'
>

>If I use --show_existing I get stuff listed eg.
>
>Channel:    1000
>Start time: 07/18/2005 - 20:42:00
>End time:   07/18/2005 - 21:35:00
>Title:      Jamie's School Dinners
>Subtitle:
>
>but when I go to "Watch Recording" I get nothing listed other than "Sorry,
>no recordings available". Is there another switch to make the stuff found
>actually stick?
>
>Is it because the channels have been changed?

No.  When DISH does a free-<some-premium-channel>-weekend, I add in the
free channels and delete them as soon as the weekend ends and the
recordings work without problems.

> If thats the case then it
>sounds like a design fault to have such a ridiculous dependancy - after
>all I don't care how it was recorded, I just want to watch it!!

Fortunately Myth was developed by people who want to use it, so they did
it right.

>All donations to my knowledge gratefully received.

Are you using a filter, by any chance?  Press M in the "Watch
Recordings" page.

Mike