[mythtv-users] Can't play PVR-350 recordings in QuickTime any more

Eggert Thorlacius eggi at menandmice.com
Mon Oct 3 20:16:04 UTC 2005

Hello

A few months ago I tried copying some MythTV recordings to my Mac and
playing them in QuickTime (after changing the file extension
from .nuv to .mpg) and they worked just fine, but now when I try, I
get this error: "QuickTime cannot open the file:
"1087_20050920190000.mpg"
it is not a file that QuickTime understands (-2048)".  Of course,
being a geek, I have changed about a million things in my setup in
the months since this I tried this the last time, so I have no idea
where to start looking.  Is it ivtv? QuickTime 7? Tiger? Myth? Some
mysterious codec? The phase of the moon?

Eggert