[mythtv-users] Xv and s-video out

Matt Carless mnc_co_uk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 3 17:31:47 UTC 2005

I'm running mythfrontend on a laptop
spec AMD 3000+ 64bit
512MB RAM
Radion 9600 video card.

When playing through the laptop top with Xv turned on
the video doesnt miss a beat. It plays rock solid with
no audio video sync problems.

My problem arises when I wanted to play through the TV
so I connected my laptop to the TV via the S-video out
on the back of the laptop.
With Xv turned on, in the video drivers, the picture
doesnt display on the TV. You are presented with a
black screen.

Turn Xv off and you get the picture though the TV.
Good that I get the picture but the letdown is I've
just turned off my hardware acceleration.

With Xv turned off the picture is watchable but you do
get small slowdowns in the frame rate now and again
and the audio tends to just go out of sync once in a
while.
Forgot to mention to get it this good I have to reduce
my screen res to 640x480.

Is there any other way to accelerate the video when
using the S-video tv out option?

This is not a Myth problem the same happens with Xine
but just wondered if any of you guys had some tricks
to try.

Matt