[mythtv-users] Master - Slave Backend Polling

Paul K pkahlert at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 13:12:08 UTC 2005

 What is suppose to happen when a slave backend dies quietly? Does the
master backend poll for connectivity every so often to ensure the tuners are
available? Or is there a way to turn on/adjust the polling time that I'm
missing? I have a slave with a PVR350/500 setup that dies every day or so
and programs that are scheduled to be recorded by one of it's tuners doesn't
get recorded when locked up. I connect to mythweb on the master BE and when
I check the backend status, it can show the tuners are connected when in
fact the slave is locked up.

Of course the best thing is to get the slave to not lockup, but I'm not
there yet and just wondered...

Thanks
Paul