[mythtv-users] choppy sound on per-program basis....

Jules Gosnell jules at coredevelopers.net
Sun Oct 2 22:19:54 UTC 2005

running the latest atrpms myth I have just noticed a curious sound problem.

On my 1ghz Via Epia Ezra frontend, several of my recordings are playing
back with 'choppy' sound... The sound starts and stops in a cycle of
maybe a half or quarter of a second. The curious thing is that it does
it on a per-program basis - i.e. I start to watch a recording. The sound
is fine.I watch all the adverts preceding the main program - fine. Then,
as soon as the main program begins, the sound goes choppy....

Both ads and program play back fine on my 2ghz backend server.

Is it possible that this program is being broadcast with different sound
kbps than the preceding ads ? and that my server can handle this extra
bandwidth, but the Via cannot...

Are there any settings that might alleviate this problem ?

Thanks for your time,

Jules

crystallises out around it."

 * Jules Gosnell