[mythtv-users] Another Harmony question

Paul Woodward paul.woodward at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 20:02:33 UTC 2005

On 9/30/05, Andrew Golden <andrew at 7921inc.com> wrote:

>  When I set up my harmony remote (880 if it makes a difference) the
> website offers several places I could see adding a Myth box. I have added a
> Myth device as a Video Recorder, then at the next screen chose PVR, then
> chose MythTV as the manufacturer. In the model box I have simply put in
> 0.18.1. I confirm the info is correct and say that I don't have another
> remote. The next screen is takes me to has the heading of "Similar models:"
> and lists the following:
>
>  MythTV DCT6200/1000
>
> MythTV 909
>
> MythTV KnoppMyth
>
> MythTV MythTV
>
> MythTV PVR250
>
>  I can assume that the PVR250 entry is for users of the included PVR 250
> IR receiver. Does anyone know the difference between the others (with the
> exception of KnoppMyth as I am using Jarod's guide and FC4). I am using a
> Comcast DCT6200 and Myth has no problem changing the channels on it, but is
> there some way the the cable box can communicate IR commands to Myth via
> firewire or something? What am I missing in looking at all of these
> different choices? How are the DCT6200, 909 and MythTV entries different?

If it helps, I have the same remote which I use with an Ahanix VFD/IR board.
I used the MythTV/MythTV setup and taught it all of the command from my
remote - it doesn't take long. The main advantage is that virtually all of
the myth functions are already defined so you just have to teach it the IR
signals.
 Paul