[mythtv-users] Where did my recordings go!!

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sat Oct 1 09:51:29 UTC 2005

> There is a perl script in the contrib folder of the distribution that
> will locate your nuv files and insert them into the database if
> needed. It's called myth.rebuilddatabase.pl
>
> On 9/26/05, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
>>
>> Just changed capture cards, so I deleted the old card, installed the new
>> one using mythtv-setup and my old recordings have gone. How do I get
>> them
>> back? mythcommflag to rebuild the database or what... I assume there is
>> something left in the database that knows what programs they were as the
>> filenames aren't much help...

OK - tried the perl script with the --try_default switch and it reports
that its found all the programs & the files that go with them eg.

Found a match between file and database
    File: '/mnt/store/1000_20050718204200_20050718213500.nuv'
    Title: 'Jamie's School Dinners'

If I use --show_existing I get stuff listed eg.

Channel:    1000
Start time: 07/18/2005 - 20:42:00
End time:   07/18/2005 - 21:35:00
Title:      Jamie's School Dinners
Subtitle:

but when I go to "Watch Recording" I get nothing listed other than "Sorry,
no recordings available". Is there another switch to make the stuff found
actually stick?

Is it because the channels have been changed? If thats the case then it
sounds like a design fault to have such a ridiculous dependancy - after
all I don't care how it was recorded, I just want to watch it!!

All donations to my knowledge gratefully received.

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks