[mythtv-users] mythplugins ---> correct install directory

Ben debian-list at blueturtles.com
Wed Nov 30 23:46:33 EST 2005

Kevin Kuphal wrote:

> Depends on your installation.  If your installation is configured for
> /usr/local as the prefix, then /usr/local/lib is correct.  If it is
> configured for /usr then /usr/lib is correct.
> Kevin

Kevin,
          Everything else myth seems to go to /usr/local on my Debian
system.  Half of the plugins go to /usr/lib/myth/plugins and the other
half to /usr/local/lib/mythtv/plugins (these show up in myth).  Indeed,
if I symlink to the plugins in /lib/mythtv/plugins/ then they show up
under myth.  I suspect that the make files have had the leading
/usr/local omitted for the install_root variable.  Does this sound correct?

Cheers Ben