[mythtv-users] multiple cards question

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 12:37:59 EST 2005

On 29/11/05, poi at planetofidiots.com <poi at planetofidiots.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Everything is running, and it's quite an excellent thing(!), but now I'd like
> to add more cards...I've done the recommended edit in modules.d/ivtv for a
> second card
>
> alias char-major-81-0
> alias char-major-81-1

What are you aliasing these to? E.g. in my setup (FC) I have

alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv

You would add another line for the second card:

alias char-major-81-1 ivtv

> but ivtv doesnt seem to initialize it (1st card now running is pvr250, 2nd
> card is pvr350). dmesg shows video0 is created, but not video1.
>
> I've got the CX88 kernel driver loaded as module, as well as the bttv.
> Did I miss something in the config?

What are you loading these drivers for?

> gentoo
> ivtv-0.4.0-r2
> linux-2.6.14.2
>
> also want to add an HD3000 -- are all 3 of these likely to work well together?

They should all get along fine. I'd recommend using a new kernel and
new ivtv release (they have finally managed to get ivtv ready for the
kernel so users should experience less issues with module clashes).

Nick