[mythtv-users] vonage caller id

ZacList zaclist at adirondack.net
Wed Nov 30 12:12:30 EST 2005

On Nov 29, 2005, at 3:20 PM, Mlists wrote:
> Which Vonage routers do you guys have?  I have the linksys and don't
> seem to be seeing anything on the network.

I have a nasty feeling that if you have one of the integrated ATA/
Router thingy's that Vonage has been shipping lately, you may be
S.O.L.  I'd be surprised (*really* surprised) if those devices
forwarded the Vonage packets out to the LAN.

I think your only option would be to get another router/firewall
(IPCop even) and put that in front of your Vonage box.  You'd use the
Linksys thing only as an ATA, not as a router.  Then you could grab
the Vonage packets on your firewall or using a hub as per normal.

Be aware though:  I've read that for some reason, the sniffer script
may NOT work for any newer Vonage accounts activated since January
2005.  I have *NO* personal experience with that (I've had Vonage a
long time), nor can I cite any source off the top of my head.  It
might be something to research a bit before you start rearranging
your network for nothing, though.

-Zac Bedell