[mythtv-users] I'm thinking of switching to windows :(

Lee Koloszyc teething12 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 30 08:07:42 EST 2005

SixArm wrote:
> For my forth attempt I decided to go as clean as possible.  64Bit
> Gentoo.  I want to take advantage of the Athlon's Quiet & Cool and
> from what I was under the assumption this is related to the 64bit distro?
>
> I was able to build all the device drivers except for the lirc stuff,
> but I'll sort that out after I can see some HD.
>

> If anyone's got a similar setup or some feed back I'd really
> appreciate it.  My next step is to toss the HD3000 into the box of
> parts in the basement and work on a windows solution.  I really rather
> not do this.
>
> I seem to only get static from the cards, and it's hard to tell which
> device is associated with each card.
>
> Here's some troubleshooting info from my current Gentoo setup:
>
> mythtv ~ # uname -a
> Linux mythtv 2.6.14-gentoo-r2 #5 SMP Sat Nov 26 20:44:25 PST 2005
> x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
>

> ivtv0: Failed to load module tveeprom
> ivtv0: Failed to load module tuner
> ivtv0: Failed to load module saa7115
> ivtv0: Failed to load module saa7127
> ivtv0: Failed to load module msp3400
> ivtv0: Failed to load module tda9887
>
> Any feedback would be appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -sixarm

I had am running similar hardware (same MB and a 3000+ on 64 bit gentoo
linux) and had this similar problem.   If I recall correctly it is some
kind of conflict between the ivtv modules and the kernel ones.  I think
I just moved/symlinked both places to the same directory.  I can't get
into my box now, so I am unable to check.   Do a find for those files
and you will probably find 2 copies.

Lee