[mythtv-users] Blank Recordings - please confirm

CHRIS KOTTING ckotting at wideopenwest.com
Wed Nov 30 08:06:36 EST 2005

I'm having an issue with blank recordings, and I wanted to confirm what I'm
finding by searching the archive (because I'm hoping that there is a
different answer available).

I have two inputs to a PVR-150 card connected, Tuner0 goes to my cable (no
cable box) and the S-Video input comes from our VCR.  Both are configured in
mythtvsetup, each with its own channel line-up.  The connection to the VCR
is primarily for pulling our home videos into Myth, but I was hoping to be
able to use the VCR as a second tuner, and be able to switch between two
channels by using "C" to change inputs.  (Yes, I know this would play hob
with the ringbuffer, so maybe it's a silly idea.)

Anyway, since I set up the S-video input, scheduled recordings have all been
blank.  The files are there, and I didn't see any problems in the logfiles
when I looked at them.  (Can't append them right now, as I'm nowhere near
the machine, and have no way of ssh-ing to it.)

Is it (still) true that you cannot have two different inputs configured in
mythtvsetup and record reliably?  I was wondering if this could be gotten
around by raising the priority of Tuner0.

Thanks!

Chris K.

--
WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com)