[mythtv-users] Commercial Flagging - whats it all about

Christopher McEwan christopher.mcewan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 07:03:48 EST 2005

On 11/30/05, Stephen Dolan <stephen.dolan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have to agree with Ant. I'm in Ireland and I find that the commercial
> detection works reasonably well on the Irish channels, but the UK
> channels are very hit and miss - it never seems to properly detect the
> commercials on Channel4 for some reason :-(

The only commercial detection that works 100% for me is the aspect ratio
change. I sent the guy who codes the commercial detection stuff a clip of
the aspect ratio change and he managed to get it to detect that.

The strange thing is, when I used to use an analog card (pvr250) the
commercial detection sucess rate would be about 95% !! with dual DVB tuners
unless it can use the aspect ratio change as detection then its about a 5%
success rate.. if that ! Maybe the dvb signals are too clean in comparison
to the analog stream ?

--
Regards,

~CM