[mythtv-users] mythweb-svn problem

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Nov 30 02:21:49 EST 2005

> I had trouble getting mythweb going last night as well. Chris, maybe
> you should include some hints in the README about how to enable
> mod_env and mod_rewrite for apache virgins.

afaik, mod_env and mod_rewrite are enabled by default on all sane
distributions (redhat, fedora, ubuntu -- thought even gentoo did it).

> and adding to /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
>
> <Directory "/var/www/mythweb">
>     AllowOverride All
> </Directory>

This is covered in the readme already.

> ..... It took me a long time (~ 1 hour) to actually get this
> information out of google; the problem being the difference in
> configuration between old apache (1.3) and apache 2. I spent ages
> trying to get mod_env going when (I think) it's actually built into
> apache2.....

Depends on how it's compiled.  Ubuntu compiles (and enables) it by
default, fedora compiles it as a module...

Anyway, I *will* add something to the readme before this is released.
for now, I'd rather finish getting it working.  People who run unstable
code have no right to bitch about things not being documented.

-Chris