[mythtv-users] HD3000 recording problem in Mythtv- signalStrengthATSC_v4l2(), error: Invalid argument

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 21:28:49 EST 2005

I've had some success... I'm not even limping yet, but at least I'm
crawling...

I've been able to scan the channels on the HD3000 once I set it to "DVB"
card instead of "HD3000".
I still have to manually /sbin/modprobe cx88-dvb to get the dvb drivers
to load
I've been able to keep my PVR-250 recording.
I just now have been able to tune to HD3000. I think some of my tuning
table is off because when I select 2_1 as the starting channel myth
times out. But, when I set it to 93 (for some reason, there were more
channels above my cable (top channel 82 on comcast SF-Bay Area) it
worked. So, I think there is something amiss with the tuning. Don't know
what yet. I'm don't know how the scanning on mythtv-setup and
mythfilldatabase from Zap2It works together. Any pointers appreciated.
I'll have to go back thru the links that geoff, blastzone and Mercury
have provided (THANKS!)

BTW, when I select the card in mythtv-setup>Input the number that I
place in:
"Starting Channel" didn't stick for a long time. It doesn't matter if I
had mythbackend running or not. (BTW, when it's running, there are more
options (LNB, Stat location... something that is not relevent to my
situation).

Now, the problems I have are:
* audio echoing on most of the HD channels.
* intermittent sound on a few HD channels
* some video stuttering on HD Channels.
* As I mentioned, some channels tuning incorrect (I assume that's the
problem)
CPU pegs out on HD channel (I have a AMD64/3000 running FC4-32bit.
Plenty of power.)

My current modprobe.conf for those interested:
---
alias eth0 via-rhine
alias scsi_hostadapter sata_via
alias snd-card-0 snd-via82xx
options snd-card-0 index=0
options snd-via82xx index=0
remove snd-via82xx { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0 >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-via82xx
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 uhci-hcd
alias ieee1394-controller ohci1394
#
# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
# alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
alias msp3400 msp3400-ivtv
#
# nvidia kernel module
alias char-major-195 nvidia-1_0-7676
alias nvidia nvidia-1_0-7676
#
# cx88 DVB driver
alias char-major-81 cx88-blackbird
#install cx88-dvb
#install btcx-risc
#install cx88-dvb /sbin/modprobe cx8800;/sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
cx88-dvb
#
# lirc - at bottom to ensure ivtv is loaded before lirc_i2c
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
lirc_i2c