[mythtv-users] Weird stuttering depends on resolution

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Tue Nov 29 14:32:36 EST 2005

Hi everybody,

I was playing with my settings earlier today, and came across something odd.

I have 3 Freestyle PVR-250's on a stock 0.18.1 debian system.

I had been recording at 512x384/3000 for quite a while.  I read in the
archives that 352x480 was a better recording resolution, and would gaive me
better quality.  When I tried it, I found that I was getting very bad
jitters.  Every few seconds, the an old frame would seem to jump in to the
picture.

When I changed the resolution to 368x480, the jitters went away.  However,
when I went up to 384x480, they came back.

Anyone know what is going on with that?

Mark