[mythtv-users] Pundit-R & HDTV

Blastzone blastzone at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 12:35:33 EST 2005

This mythtv project has been a great learning experience, and it's a really
neat tool that all my friends love.
Well, that, and the 96" wide projector it's hooked up to.

I've managed to get my PCHDtv 3000 running using DVB in FC4, with very few
problems.  I just manually loaded the cx88-dvb module, and it popped right
up.  Being in rural NE US, I did not expect to have any HD streams
available, and no one is doing OTA digital until Aug 06.

My cable company (Adelphia), is, however, pushing some digital content
across the line.  That's the good news.
The bad news is, the HD performance of my system is terrible.

Playing an HD stream (1080i) through myth shows:
processor at 100%  (split between Mythfrontend and X)
pink bar covering right side of screen (I know this was discussed earlier,
but I haven't looked for it yet)
audio skips, and stutters
video running at horrible framerate 5-10 fps

I haven't been able to look at 720p streams yet, at least, not that i know
of.

My question is, are there others out there successfully using a pundit-r to
watch HD streams, and if so, what should I be looking at fixing?

specs:
Asus pundit-r  - integrated ATI Radeon 9100IGP video
P4 2.53GHz (northwood)
512meg PC3200 ram
Seagate 160GB IDE HDD
PCHDtv HD-3000 (using QAM tuning)