[mythtv-users] DVD jukeboxes & TV Episode ripping

Kevin Hulse jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Nov 29 11:14:24 EST 2005

Hullo,

   One thing I am keen on is having a DVD jukebox (as well as PVR). I
would like to be able to control an actual Sony Jukebox with MythTV. Is
anyone working on anything like that?

   I think it would be quite cool to have 3 of these off in another room
attached to a myttv backend. I think this makes more sense than ripping
a lot of movie DVDs.

   I am also interested in ripping TV DVDs and accessing each of the
episodes more directly in a Tivo-ish fashion. Are there any apps like
RipperX for DVD collections? The idea would be to get a collection of
well organized mpeg or divx files out of the process. Something of this
sort would also require a central dvd database of some sort (like cddb).
Does such a thing exist?
   If the db exists then I can code my own perl extractor and without
much fuss.

--
-- If engineering professors were genuine peers, most would end up booed out of
the lecture hall covered with rotten eggs and tomatoes. --