[mythtv-users] XBox with root via NFS?

Victor sphing at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 09:31:00 EST 2005

I tried that... I originally put the swap on my file server and didn't
use the harddrive once it booted into linux.  The NFS swap was
horrifically slow.  I do not recommend it, however if your harddrive has
a 10gig instead of an 8gig, you could use the extra 2 gigs for swap
(which the xbox doesn't use).  If that still isn't an option, you could
use a fatx file for swap like Ben mentioned (which I have never done).
Yet still you could upgrade to 128 megs of ram and try without swap
entirely.  but having 64mb of ram and NFS swap is a slow solution.

Vic