[mythtv-users] Masterbackend & slavebackend

Ib Uhrskov ib at uhrskov.net
Mon Nov 28 13:40:19 EST 2005

Hi there.

Today I have a system with one frontend/backend and they sql base on a
different computer.

After this have been running for almost a year I'll like to change the
system a bit. I have build another server which should run as master
backend and hold the database.

Today a have tranfered the base to the new machine, installed mythtv,
but i havn't moved the PVR cards yet.

What do I change so my old frontend/backend becomes a slave backend
(holding the PVR cards at the moment) and the machine becomes the
masterbackend.

I have tried to change to ip-address in mythtvsetup, but the only thing
happening is a non-working system. The old backend still starts up as
mbe and the new as slave....

What are I'm doing wrong???

This works but is the opoosite configuration of what I want.

Old frontend/backend

Own ip: 192.168.1.194
MBE ip: 192.168.1.194

New backend:

Own ip: 192.168.1.5
MBE ip: 192.168.1.194

If I set the MBE to point to 192.168.1.5 on both machines I get some
protocol errors.(yes I know that it points to bad setup)
And ofcause the mythbackends are restartet.

Hope somebody have a clue... I don't

TIA

/ib