[mythtv-users] I Need some help with MYTHTV...

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 07:16:22 EST 2005

On 28/11/05, larry <larry at isp.com> wrote:
>  Hello all,
>
>  I am new to the list & Mythtv...
>  My setup here is  Debian/Linux,  kernel version 2.6.11... I have downloaded
> mythtv_0.18.1.orig.tar.gz...
>  After extracting it, I then did a ./configure, now after doing that I do
> not see an executional file to start up mythtv...
>  Is there something that I am missing, or have I downloaded the wrong source
> for debian...

You need to do 'make' then 'make install' (make install as root).
There is actualy quite a lot of other things you need to do like
(probably) recompile your kernel with suport for your TV / video card.
Have a look at the mythtv documentation and goodl for myth howtos.
Getting the sources from apt is probably better than downloading them.
 You can then do 'apt-get build-dep mythtv' to get all the
dependencies for building myth.  In fact using apt package binaryes
will save you a lot of hastle.

Ben